Anton Anreith - Sculptor
Product Code: 978-1-920091-80-4
ANTON ANREITH - SCULPTOR
Johannes Meintjes' rare book on the South African sculptor Anton Anreith is now available.
From the foreword:
"Although this is a slender book, it covers all known material on South Africa's first European sculptor. It is the first book on him, the first artistic evaluation of his work and the first attempt to consider all his work or that attributed to him. With a book of this nature one cannot claim completeness as there is always the possibility of new material coming to light.
All the photographs are from the Elliott collection and they are reproduced with the kind permission of The Archives, Cape Town, to whom grateful acknowledgement is extended. I wish to thank all those who assisted me in making this study."
The book is packed with information about Anreith and his work, and includes photographs of the following of his works:
- Anreith's Cypher on a book cover
- The Gateway in Government Avenue
- Wax Model (Monkey) for Menagerie Gates
- Lion Gateway at the Castle
- Wax Model (Lion) for Menagerie Gates
- The Kat Balcony
- House in Boom Street
- Gates, 'Rust-en-Vreugd'
- The Groote Kerk Pulpit
- Specification for the Lutheran Pulpit
- The Lutheran Church Pulpit
- The Lutheran Church Organ Gallery
- The Rhenish Church Pulpit
- The Groot Constantia Pediment
- The Grand Parade with Fountain
- The Old Supreme Court Pediment
- The Norfolk House Pediment
- The Brand Homestead
- The Loop Street Pediment
- The De Klerck Pediment
- The Barrack Street Pediment
- The Cupid and Vulcan Pediment
- Store in Loop Street with Sphinxes
- Ivory Carving, 'Equality'
Format: downloadable PDF (± 22mb). Can also be provided on CD