Product Code: 978-1-920091-54-5
Genadendal is the location of the first Mission station in South Africa. This interesting 45-page booklet, issued in 1893, details not only the trials and tribulations of the early missionaries, but also their successes. The booklet covers the period from the earliest work by George Schmidt up to the end of 1805, when approximately 1100 people resided at Genadendal.
The booklet is structured into 7 Chapters:
- Allereerst begin van Genadendal (first beginning at Genadendal)
- Hernieuwde begin van Genadendal (Renewed beginning at Genadendal)
- Eerste bouwsteenen van Genadendal (First buildingblocks of Genadendal)
- Genadendal in gevaar en nood (Genadendal in danger and need)
- Genadendal onder Engelsch bestier (Genadendal under British management)
- Kerkbouw en Krankheid te Genadendal (Church-building and Illness at Genadendal)
- Goede en zware dagen te Genadendal (Good and bad days at Genadendal)
The introduction to this book can be viewed here.
Pages: 45 (Dutch)
Format: Downloadable PDF